The "Maluch Plus" program envisages the creation of about 12,000 new nurseries and clubs for children up to the age of three throughout Poland and subsidizing more than 40,000 of those already in operation. In 2017, the government will allocate half a billion PLN for this purpose.
The Minister of Family, Labor and Social Policy invites those who run care institutions for children under 3 and those who plan to run such institutions to participate in the next edition of the "MALUCH+" program. 450 million PLN has been allocated for the 2019 edition.
The Minister of the Family, Labor and Social Policy, acting pursuant to Article 62 of the Act of 4 February 2011 on the care of children aged up to 3 years (Journal of Laws of 2018, item 603, as amended), announces the "MALUCH+" 2019 competition within the framework of the "MALUCH+" Resort Program for the development of childcare institutions for children aged up to 3 years, hereinafter referred to as the "Program". Funding will be allocated to the creation and maintenance of care places in nurseries, children's clubs and day care centers.
- There is 450 million allocated for the Program in 2019.
- Local self-government units, natural persons, legal persons and organizational units without legal personality (including universities and cooperating entities), referred to in Article 8(1) of the Act of 4 February 2011 on care for children aged up to 3 years (Journal of Laws of 2018, item 603, as amended), may apply for funding in the form of a targeted grant from the state budget and for funds from the Labour Fund.
- The "MALUCH+" 2019 program consists of 4 modules, within the framework of which measures for the creation and maintenance of places in care institutions for children under 3, i.e. nurseries, children's clubs and day carers, are subsidized.
- Module 1a (for municipalities) - co-financing will be provided for the creation of care places and their functioning as well as for the creation of places in those municipalities, where no crèches or children's clubs founded by local government units are functioning as of the day of submitting a competition offer, and the task concerns the creation of places for no more than 20% children aged 1-2 in the municipality and the applied amount of co-financing for the task consisting in the creation of new care places in the municipality does not exceed PLN 3 million (the aforementioned conditions must be met jointly);
- Module 1b (for municipalities) - Funding will be provided for the creation of care places and their operation, as well as for the creation of the places themselves, implemented in municipalities where, as of the date of submitting the competition bid:
1) operated nurseries or children's clubs and the amount of funding applied for a task involving the creation of new care places in the municipality does not exceed PLN 5 million or,
2) there were no crèches or children's clubs in operation, but the task concerns the creation of places for more than 20% children in years 1-2 in the municipality or the applied amount of subsidy for the task consisting in creation of new care places in the municipality exceeds PLN 3 million;
A municipality which conducts housing investments within the scope of the "Mieszkanie+" ("Flat+") program may also apply for a subsidy for creating care places in modules 1a and 1b. Funds from the "MALUCH+" program may support the creation of care institutions for children under 3 years old on the area of investments being created within the "Mieszkanie+" program.
- Module 2 (for member states) - The subsidy will be provided to ensure functioning of the care places created by the local governments with the participation of the Program (i.e. previous editions),
- Module 3 (for entities other than municipalities) - The creation of new care places and their operation as well as the creation of the places themselves will be subsidized.
- Module 4 (for entities other than municipalities) - Funding will be provided for the operation of institutional care spaces.
Priority will be given to local government units (modules 1a, 1b and 2). The remaining funds will be granted to entities other than local governments.
- The grant is for tasks performed in 2019.
- Deadline for submission:
- for module 1a and 1b - December 28, 2018.
- for Module 2 - December 28, 2018.
- for Module 3 - December 28, 2018.
- for Module 4 - December 28, 2018.
- The offers can be submitted in writing to the Provincial Office competent for the location of the municipality where the institution of care is run or planned to be established, or in electronic form via the ePUAP platform to the account of the competent Provincial Office.
- After collecting information from voivodes about offers qualified for the Program, the Minister will make a decision on the scope (selection of the module or modules), method (criteria and criterion weights) of distribution of funds for the Program and amounts of subsidy for beneficiaries.
- The results of the competition will be published on the website www.gov.pl/rodzinaby February 28, 2019.
- Entities that receive funding to create 2019 Edition (Module 1 and 3) child care spaces for children under age 3 are required to maintain the spaces for a period of 5 years, i.e., until December 31, 2024.
- Detailed rules of the competition are contained in the Ministry's "MALUCH+" 2019 program for the development of care institutions for children aged up to 3 years.
NOTE: In the case of the competitive offer of module 1a and 1b (Table 1), the data on the number of children in years 1-2 in the municipality according to the CSO (as of 30.06.2018) are given on the basis of Table 12 of the CSO publication "Population. State and structure and natural movement in territorial section in 2018. (as of 30 June)"
read more: https://www.gov.pl/web/rodzina/maluch-2019